Friday, January 26, 2007

Don't forget about poptarts



Yesterday was sort of an inedible day. PopTarts for breakfast, low fat cinnamon sugar (I was enamored of poptarts in high school, but haven't really had them since, aside form the one time in Cleveland), leftovers for lunch, snacks at some work event for pre-dinner, and leftover berries unceremoniously heaped on yogurt for real dinner. For my goal of cooking or making something thoughtful everyday, it was a bit of a failure. But a warm cinnamon poptart is highly edible, if you can handle that kind of sugar content in the morning. And Seven Stars Organic Lowfat Maple Yogurt is still the best, in my opinion.

5 comments:

C said...

I love pop-tarts (see e.g., my comment on emily's blog). I also love Seven Stars Low-Fat Maple Yogurt. It is the best yogurt I have ever had. It has a nice tang to it and it isn't all thick like other yogurts, which makes it perfect for granola or berries.

Emily Render said...

Doug and I tried this recipe for homemade toaster pastries from Good Eats - the Food Network cooking show.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,,FOOD_9936_32305,00.html

I rolled the dough too thick and loaded the pastries too full of filling, and Doug rolled his too thin. But anyway, it's a yummy recipe and you can freeze the "pop tarts" for popping in the toaster later. You can also use the dough for other pocket pie things.

I'm MaryCat said...

Emily, it looks like the recipe link got snipped, or something. Can you email me the link?

Emily Render said...

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/
recipes/recipe/0,,FOOD_9936_32305,00
.html

Here it is broken up. You can piece it back together in your address bar.

Ms.Berry said...

ahhh, maple yogurt, it brings back memories of yester year at the co-op, pouring loads of yogurt onto a plate that still tasted like Braggs Liquid Amino Acids.