Sunday, July 22, 2007

Summer dinner in Maine (guest chef Julia!)


I visited my friends in Maine recently, and these trips tend to revolve around food and bodies of water. This trip was no exception. We went swimming at a covered bridge outside of Portland, and on the way home stopped at a farm stand with local meats and produce for sale. Julia made amazing dinner with the best potato salad ever (I know it has mustard and tarragon - Julia, can you post the recipe?), a salad with lemon dressing, and steak. Definitely edible.

For dessert, Julia introduced me and Lindsay to the best combination: Fresh strawberries dipped in sour cream and brown sugar. I have told people about this, thinking it was completely novel and brand new, but I guess it is a known thing. Have you heard of it? I never had. So good!

1 comment:

connie said...

I love sour cream with a degree of intensity rarely demonstrated for dairy products.