Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Quinoa crepes, kind of strange




I just googled "quinoa crepes" to make sure my spelling was not totally off the map. And quite a few things came up, making me realize two things:

1 - Had I done this search before making dinner, my dinner would not have been so weird and mediocre,

2 - My ideas are not original.

Anyhow, I made a ton of quinoa recently, and had a ton minus a serving or two leftover. So I mixed some cooked quinoa with a little flour, milk, eggs and salt to make a crepe batter. I think I was a little heavy on the eggs and a little light on the flour and grains. I stuffed the crepes with smashed squash with herbs.

If I do it again, I will make the filling more interesting (read: cheese) and maybe toast the cooked quinoa first, and adjust my ratios.

Or just read a recipe for quinoa crepes and follow that.

No comments: