Thursday, August 30, 2007

Inedible! From the garden


I attempted growing a few vegetables in my front yard, including tomatoes, cucumbers, and wax beans. I left these wax beans on the vine too long, and they were mealy, with overly developed seed-bean parts.

Last night I had two tomatoes that tasted pretty good, but nothing like Alabama tomatoes from my grandma. Also, there are amazing tomatoes to be had in Ohio.

2 comments:

Kshilton said...

MaryCat! So glad you're back to blogging. We really do read it out here in CA.

Hope you had a fun time in Arizona!

Emily Render said...

My garden only produced crappy produce, when it produced at all. Out of 3 okra plants I got ONE okra. 3 tomato plants - 3 tomatoes. A few overdeveloped squash and one measly cuke. A couple handfuls of beans out of like 6 plants. It was PATHETIC and it was mostly inedible. What gives?! What is wrong with me?