Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Fish trial and error



Last night my goal was to get my kitchen unpacked and functioning enough to make a real dinner. I was originally thinking of roast chicken and potatoes with arugula salad, but I replaced the chicken with pan seared fish to save time and dishes. I got a piece of haddock, cut it into two pieces, oiled and seasoned the fish, and seared both sides in a hot skillet. Well, that is what I tried to do! I am not really sure where I messed up, but the fish was completely stuck to the pan and turned into a flaky mess (I did oil the skillet).

So although the final result looks kind of like cat food, it was actually light and very tasty.

I had a simple side salad of arugula tossed with lemon, olive oil, s & p -- exactly what i put on the fish. I was too hungry to wait for the potatoes to finish roasting, so I brought some for lunch today and will have the rest with dinner tonight.

As a side note, I have really been enjoying the Midas Touch beer from Dogfish. It is so tasty and enjoyable, but not cheap - treat yourself, go buy some! Edible! Imbibable!

No comments: