Guest chef Carla : Granola !

Hello Mary Cat blog readers! Hi Mom and Dad! This is guest editor Carla. After making yogurt earlier this week, I decided to make some homemade granola. I put on my new Jay-Z mix CD and got busy with the oats. I do have a history with granola making. It was my first co-op job during my freshman year of college. On that note, I would like to take this opportunity to apologize to the granola eaters in Asia House Co-op Spring Semester in 1999. You all silently suffered through much burnt granola at my hands. I'm sorry. Never Again!
This granola was much easier (and tastier!) to make than any of the crazy things I came up with in college. I simply mixed 1 part canola oil to 3 parts maple syrup, stirred in some nutmeg and cinnamon and poured it over the oats and chopped up cashews and almonds. I cooked it (no burning these days!) at 300 degrees on a cookie sheet for about 30 mins. I added the golden raisins. It is delicious with yogurt.
No comments:
Post a Comment