Guest Chef Maggie : Flan!
Maggie, my friend from high school who now lives in Denver, sent in the following:
Life in colorado is good- i'm dying for farmer's market season to
start, you should see the things they grow out here!!!
The world's best and easist flan- my mom's recipe:
1 can evaporated milk
1 can sweetened condensed milk
6 eggs
one can of water (use the SC milk can)
teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup of sugar (i tried cane sugar once and it was ugly- use nasty
old white sugar)
mix the milks and the water
strain the eggs into the milk mixture (to get the snotty bits out)
add vanilla and stir
melt the 1/2 cup sugar in a pan and carefully pour the molten sugar
into the bottom of a caserole dish and coat the bottom.
once it cools pour in the flan mixture
place the caserole dish in a water bath and put in a 350 degree oven
bake 45-minutes to an hour (until a knife comes out clean)
after it cools run a knife around the edge of the flan. turn it out
onto a serving dish. I like to serve it with toasted pecans but it is
tasty alone.
Thanks, Maggie! Enjoy!
3 comments:
Maggie: I forgot to add to the post - I love that plate! It is amazing.
Looks so yummy! I will have to try this one sometime... I have recipes on my blog as well. (Click on the Food + Cuisine Link.)
Cheers, Amanda
Hahah- Judy Brashear (amy's mom) gave me that plate for high school graduation. she was convinced i needed a "china pattern" so i picked that. It's from switzerland. needless to say i only have one of them.
Post a Comment