Saturday, May 19, 2007

Guest Chef Chris! Scallion Pancakes, part 1 of 3

Chris brought over scallion pancake fixin's to the most recent dot-luck. I am hoping he will add some comments to clarify the process and maybe even a link! He brought over the ball of dough, so that part is a mystery. When he arrived he chopped up some scallions to have at the ready.

Chris rolled out the whole ball with some flour, like a pie crust.

He drizzled on some sesame oil, and spread it over the surface. Then he sprinkled this with the chopped scallions.

2 comments:

C said...

This is so cool!! I love the cooking in process photos. I may have to make these.

tacomytaco said...

its fried, its pancake, its delicious...

here is the recipe...

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,,FOOD_9936_8,00.html?rsrc=search

i was not sure how to "roll like a spongecake" but I tried to roll as well as I knew how.